Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Through The Eye of a Needle

willard wigan
You cannot see these with the naked eye you have to look through a very strong microscope. Willard Wigan has to slow down his heart rate to enable him to make these tiny models that fit into the eye of a needle, a matchstick or on a pinhead. He grabs fibres for the air and hairs from fly's backs.
My daughter Sara saw him on Breakfast TV in the UK last week and showed me his website. This is not a joke he has just sold 11.2 million pounds worth of this stuff to David Lloyd.
Take a close look at Henry VIII he's even got a beard. Go and see some more
here
willard wigan
willard wigan

7 comments:

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

thi is stunning. I love it.

kstyle said...

artists truly amaze me but this is just beyond words. k

Anonymous said...

I've seen these before, but they are truly amazing!

Gypsy Purple said...

This is amazing!!!!

Deb @ Beholder's Eye said...

A fellow Brummie!! We're very proud...

paris parfait said...

Incredible! Thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

Truly astonishing. I don't know what's more amazing: that he can see tiny things or his resourcefulness in using strange materials where conventional things wouldn't work.

I would love to know what his vision is (certainly NOT 20/20)?